My platform is simple:
Continue working for the citizens and businesses of Grapevine!
Money Magazine named Grapevine one of the best cities to live in the USA! That accomplishment did not happen overnight. It was brought about by years of hard work by dedicated city staff led by a fiscally conservative Mayor and City Council devoted to protecting our way of life and our safe, quiet neighborhoods, providing our citizens with world class services and amenities . . . AND . . . a city with the second lowest tax rate in the State of Texas for a full-service city our size!
- Maintain the integrity of our neighborhoods and assure they are free from loud, crowded party houses that sleep a constant stream of 15, 20, 25 strangers along with their vehicles of all sizes, beer cans and liquor bottles littering yards. Since the first Zoning Ordinance was adopted in 1955, Short Term Rentals (STRs) have NEVER been allowed in Grapevine.
- Continue working to attract high-quality economic development projects to further enhance our tax base and provide jobs for our citizens.
- Continue honoring and protecting our historic downtown by maintaining the hometown feel and assuring a balance of uses
- Continue supporting all our businesses, both large and small
- Continue providing recreational opportunities and services our citizens of all ages desire.
There are exciting things ahead! Though challenges will face us, businesses will recover and again be prosperous, and we will learn how to live with the new insidious virus that has turned the world upside down. We must enjoy and celebrate the good times ahead, and support each other and work together.
There is no substitute for experience and knowledge!
I appreciate your support and I ask for your vote!